We are grateful for everyone who supports REUSE. The ever-growing ecosystem of specification, documentation, helper tool, API and a lot more demands time and funds. Thanks to volunteers, cooperating organisations and projects, as well as corporate sponsors, REUSE can constantly evolve and improve.
Users and adopters
A project that follows the REUSE best practices makes its licensing and copyright situation transparent, ensures that third-party code is attributed correctly, and makes it easily re-usable for other developers. Because REUSE does not require a registration and can even be used offline, we don’t have precise user statistics. Below you can find some we know of.
- All 1000+ compliant projects of the REUSE API
- Many projects of the EU-funded Next Generation Internet project we help to become REUSE compliant from the start.
- The KDE community made REUSE the standard for its licensing policy. Also read this interview about their rationale and path.
- Corporate licensing policies of Siemens, SAP, Huawei, Liferay and many more.
- Large parts of the Linux Kernel with ~70% by now.
If your community or company has implemented REUSE but is not listed, feel free to contact us.
We kindly invite companies to adopt and support REUSE. As standardised and simple best practices for declaring copyright and licensing information largely improve internal compliance processes, we are happy if corporate actors contribute back to REUSE.
If your company is interested in becoming a REUSE sponsor, please approach us.