Get help to become REUSE compliant
Implementing the REUSE principles is easy. Even without legal knowledge, project maintainers can massively improve the licensing and copyright declaration of their software.
But sometimes, everyone needs some extra help. All you have to do is ask your friends. That is why we assist Free Software projects with making their repositories REUSE compliant! That will ensure that your project ships one or multiple licenses in a standardised location and form, and that each file is equipped with information about its license and copyright.
Our offer to you
Over the past few years, the legal experts of the Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) and stewards of the REUSE initiative have helped a three-digit number of Free Software projects to resolve legal issues and become REUSE compliant, for example as a consortium member of the Next Generation Internet Zero (NGI0) project.
Equipped with this experience, we will support the accepted projects to implement copyright and licensing best practices that will help them as well as their users and re-users. Here is what you’ll get:
- The projects’ contact persons will be invited to a kick-off workshop in which the whole process is explained and the most frequently questions will be handled.
- You will receive an evaluation made by our team that identifies potential challenges in your project, and recommendations how to solve them.
- With the above and a concise information bundle, you should be able to make your repositories REUSE compliant.
- If you run into troubles, you can reach out to the REUSE team at any stage.
- As soon as your repository is REUSE compliant, we will give you practical guidance on how to maintain this status and inform your contributors of your best practices.
Registration for the first round has been open between 8 June and 14 July 2021. We are currently helping the selected projects.
If you need help with becoming REUSE compliant, please join the community mailing list and just ask. We are happy to assist!