Get help to become REUSE compliant
Implementing the REUSE principles is easy. Even without legal knowledge, project maintainers can massively improve the licensing and copyright declaration of their software.
But sometimes, everyone needs some extra help. All you have to do is ask your friends. That is why we assist Free Software projects with making their repositories REUSE compliant! That will ensure that your project ships one or multiple licenses in a standardised location and form, and that each file is equipped with information about its license and copyright.
Our offer to you
Over the past few years, the legal experts of the Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) and stewards of the REUSE initiative have helped a three-digit number of Free Software projects to resolve legal issues and become REUSE compliant, for example as a consortium member of the Next Generation Internet Zero (NGI0) project.
Equipped with this experience, we will support the accepted projects to implement copyright and licensing best practices that will help them as well as their users and re-users. Here is what you’ll get:
- The projects’ contact persons will be invited to a kick-off workshop in which the whole process is explained and the most frequently questions will be handled.
- You will receive an evaluation made by our team that identifies potential challenges in your project, and recommendations how to solve them.
- With the above and a concise information bundle, you should be able to make your repositories REUSE compliant.
- If you run into troubles, you can reach out to the REUSE team at any stage.
- As soon as your repository is REUSE compliant, we will give you practical guidance on how to maintain this status and inform your contributors of your best practices.
If you are interested in getting help by our team, please register below by filling out the form. The provided information will help us to identify potential challenges as early as possible.
Please note that our resources are not infinite. Depending on the number of requests, we might have to limit the number of projects we can support in this round. We will inform all projects about their status a few weeks after the closing of the registration deadline.
Registration opening: 09 June 2021, 00:00 UTC
Registration closing: 08 July 2021, 23:59 UTC
Enter project details
To register your project, please fill in the fields below. This will greatly help us getting a first overview of your project, understanding its complexity and the context of its licensing and copyright situation.
Fields marked with * are mandatory.